Here they are; how many do you do daily?
1. They choose to exercise. Yep, number one! Exercise releases endorphins ~ the neurotransmitters in your brain that are in play when you're feeling genuinely good!
2. They choose to spend time outside. Just 20 minutes a day is sufficient to improve your mood.
3. They choose to focus on their families. They find a little time each day to do things to improve family relationships. So go call your Dad! Or Mom. Or hug your kid! Lots of options depending on your family circumstances!
4. They choose to make time for friends. I'm bad about this. I get caught up in work and think about my friends, but I'm gonna call one today and see if they can get together!
5. They choose to find meaning in their work. Now, for me, my work as a personal trainer is really meaningful. But what about cooking? Cleaning? I actually think about the 2 boys and husband I'm cooking for (nice, loving thoughts) as I do chores and it really helps! My younger son knows things taste better when I've added "love" as one of the ingredients...
6.they choose to contribute to their communities. Doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming. Pick up some trash on the side of the street. Open a door for someone. Or get involved in a community project, donate to Good Will, get creative! Get the kids involved and they'll feel happy too!
7. They choose to get enough sleep. Lack of sleep will ruin your mood. You'll be more irritable, can have poor judgement, a low libido (um, there's a sideways reference to happiness!). So turn off the TV and the computer, let your concerns go and get a good night's sleep.
Some of these may be easier than others depending on your circumstances, but do what you can to be as happy as you can! When I grow up, I want to be HAPPY. This was a main topic at my son's 8th grade graduation ceremony. So choose what makes you happy, and these ideas are a great start! I think I'm going to call my mom now...😊...then hug my kids...and eat some cookies (just a few...)