1. Control your weight. Regular exercise can help you avoid weight gain, or help maintain weight loss.
2. Combat health risks and disease. Being active boosts HDL (good cholesterol) and decreases unhealthy triglycerides. Physical activity can decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, metabolic syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
3. Improve your mood! Physical activity stimulates certain brain chemicals that can leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
4. More energy! You can increase your muscle strength and endurance with physical exercise, making your daily activities less tiring. Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your body's tissues, and can increase the efficiency of your cardiovascular system.
5. Sleep better. With regular physical activity, you can fall asleep more quickly and sleep more deeply. Just don't exercise too close to bedtime. The benefits of improved sleep I'll save for another blog!
6. Improve your sex life! Feeling better, looking better can lead to more confidence and self~esteem (not to mention you have more energy!) Physical exercise can also lead to increased arousal in women, and decreased risk of erectile dysfunction in men. Sounds like a win/win situation!